The lovely Gillian at Crafting a Rainbow is hosting the Top 5 for the third year in a row. The categories range from Hits, Misses, Highlights, Reflections, to Goals. I want to make an entry on each one. Although, I will group Hits and Misses together and likely Reflections and Goals.
Top 5 Highlights asks you to go over non-sewing highlights of your year. I don’t mind if you skip past some of this, but I think it is worth it to list these out.
Trigger Warning: There is lots of schmoopiness in this post. It’s the schmoopiest. Also, gifs. Tons of schmoopy/silly gifs.
1. Realizing how resilient I am. This is a pretty recent re-discovery of myself as I struggle with health issues and pain associated with fibromyalgia. I always manage to smile or laugh. Although on bad days I’m not as positive, but I am always hopeful of the future. I can always look on the bright side of life.
2. Being interviewed by Morgan Hoffman of InnerSpace. It just happened, but it was awesome.
3. Rediscovering my passion for sewing. I know these highlights are supposed to be about non-sewing things, but this is a huge thing for me. I started sewing in 2008 and have felt like a beginner sewist since then until now! Since I started sewing again in April, I have noticed my sewing skills skyrocket. Before I wouldn’t have confidently tackled making a coat or a bra, but now I soldier on and am impressed with my ever-growing skills. I’m always happy when I sew.
4. My family. There are always highlights with my lovely little family. My fiance and my two step-kids are wonderful people and I always find more and more reasons why I love them throughout the year. I love giggling with them and being silly and having serious conversations. I can’t wait to marry my fiance. I never grew up with dreams of my wedding day (I thought more about books and art), but I honestly can’t wait to express that love in front of everyone. 🙂
5. You! I love when people comment on my silly blog entries and engage in conversations with me. I appreciate all of you and the highlight of the year has been virtually meeting all sorts of lovely sewists through social media and blogging. You are just wonderful people.
12 thoughts on “Top 5 Highlights”
This is 100% lovely. Schmoopy is aok 😀
I’m glad you liked it. I’m a schmoopy person. 😀
Now you’ve got me thinking about my year’s highlights. We all need a little schmoopiness from time to time. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Thanks for reading! 🙂 I’d love to hear your highlights, too. 🙂
Is it wrong that I’m now singing “Schmoopy, schmoopy, schmoopy, that girl is hard to get” a la Music Man?
That’s never wrong! 😀
What a great post! Schmoop away! And I love Monty Python too!
Monty Python rocks. 😀
Yay for resiliency! It’s one of those words I talk about a lot in the classroom (to parents and students) – but it’s so hard to teach! I think you have to see it in yourself, take pride in it, and then it grows and grows. In other words, the more you think of yourself as resilient, the more resilient you are! That’s my theory, at least… I”m so sorry that you have to deal with pain from the fibromyalgia, but i’m glad it doesn’t stop you from being awesome! (And nerdy – so nerdy! I love it!)
It is difficult to teach! But once learned, it makes adversity a lot easier. I spent the majority of my early 20s learning it.
Hehe, I love being nerdy. 😀